Lunes, Abril 23, 2012

Mathew 6:8

Mathew 6:8
Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you even ask Him.

Question to ponder: If god knows what I need why then does He not just give it to me?


Your Father knoweth what things ye have need of - Prayer is not designed to inform God, but to give man a sight of his misery; to humble his heart, to excite his desire, to inflame his faith, to animate his hope, to raise his soul from earth to heaven, and to put him in mind that There is his Father, his country, and inheritance.
In the preceding verses we may see three faults, which our Lord commands us to avoid in prayer: -
  1.  Hypocrisy. Be not as the hypocrites. Matthew 6:5.
  2.  Dissipation. Enter into thy closet. Matthew 6:6.
  3.  Much Speaking, or Unmeaning Repetition, Be not like the heathens. Matthew 6:7.


Be not ye therefore like unto them,..... Do not be imitators of them, and  do not follow their ways, who have only the dim light of nature to guide them; it would be shameful in you to do as they do, when you have a divine revelation for your direction; and especially, because your Father knoweth what things ye have need of before ye ask him; and therefore have no need to make use of many words, or much speaking, or long prayers. The omniscience of God is a considerable argument, and a great encouragement to prayer; he knows our persons and our wants before hand; and as he is able to help us, we have reason to believe he will; especially since he stands in the relation of a Father to us.



Often times I asked myself as to why my life is like this that when I stumble to this verse the first thing that came into my mind is why didn't God gave me the desire of my heart if he already knows the desire of my heart but another verse spoke:

Luke 11:9-10
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, it will be opened.

I heard of this several Times and several times I forget  because of lack of knowledge of how God is doing things for me. I lack the trust, the Faith, the PRAYERS ( "Pray without ceasing."—1 Thessalonians 5:17)

He wanted me to see that prayer is being close to Him and is one way to understand his word. Maybe often times God spoke to me on things that I have to do but my heart is so stupid to not accept God's little voice with in me. Now I wanted to really surrender my life to Him. I may not be able to automatically change my way but I believe that God will help me.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento